
Each piece was cut out in a single layer after I lined up my silk on the grid of my cutting table. I marked the darts using a red Frixion pen and a sharp chalk pencil. I love the Frixion because I can get a strong line using only a light touch. This prevents movement or distortion of this squirmy fabric during marking.
Next, a thorough press. I use my dream team:

a Reliable vacuum table and a Consew gravity feed iron. They are really making a marked difference in my results. I am a cheapy (except when buying for others) so I bought these on sale. The $599 vacuum table was bought for $150 because someone returned it and it wouldn't fit back in the box for resale. What a deal!! Iron - $120 on sale. Love it.
The result?

two decent looking back pieces (basted to the underlining toile fabric.)
......sew that's all folks....
No comments:
Post a Comment